Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh come all ye drunk & disorderly

Last night was the company Christmas party (rescheduled due to the NYC Strike). Never ceases to amaze me how people can significantly damage their career with a little malibu & coke. I decided to stay dead sober this year and watch the show. At least my boss didn't show up piss drunk and make an ass out of himself this year. I wasn't forced to explain that I had no idea what his problem was, and no I am not going to tell him stop drinking, I'm not his mother... This year he didn't really drink, but kept a stupid joke going way longer than was really funny. Oh well. Sometimes I feel like I"m in the real life version of "The Office" sitcom.

A co-worker found out I was a knitter, so I have ceremoniously changed my real name on this blog, lest she find me. Seems she spends a great deal of time surfing blogworld. She's nice, but one of those "close talkers". The kind of person that has you clear across the other side of the room by the end of the conversation because you keep taking steps backward when she talks. She tried to tell me everything she ever knew or thought about knitting in about 15 minutes. I just did alot of blinking and nodding....and wiping my face from all the saliva flying about (blech).

Anyway, the Pixie cables sweater is coming along nicely..I just have one more sleeve and the neckband to finish. In my last post I neglected to take a picture of this very yummy yarn I bought at the union square market on New Years Eve day. I don't recall the name right now, but it was unlabeled hand dyed yarn in this fabulous rasberry color. I have to figure out what to do with it...It's kind of on the chunky side, and I think I only have enough for a scarf. But I don't want a plain old stockinette or garter, so I have to find some kind of pattern that shows off the color but isn't too boring.

On the fertility front..I am on the obligatory pre-cycle birth control pills, and will probably start the stimulation meds at the end of the month! Let the retaining of water begin!!

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your secret is safe with me =) But now I have ammunition to coerce you to come some Thursday night < insert evil laughter here > ;-) Just kidding of course, and I totally understand that need for privacy - I know, its the net, and when you post you're putting yourself out there, but I keep some stuff for me some stuff for my blog.

GL with the fertility stuff - I know a bunch of people who have gone thru it, or are presently going thru it - tough stuff no doubt - but so far, no one is complaining about the end results =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home