Thursday, January 26, 2006

Baby baby oh baby (what a week)

Man it is so hard to keep up with this blog, I don't know how some of you do it. It's been a crazy week at work, and I did manage to meet my deadlines for the baby showers. Julie got the blue pixie cables sweater and booties (free pattern here) and she seemed to really love them. I completely forgot to take a picture of them as I was in such a complete rush to get to the restaurant. She also got a beautiful crocheted blanket from a family member. The poor girl tried to smile through the whole thing but she looks like she's ready to bust. Sad part is she's not due until March 23rd!! Yikes!! Whenever I discuss the trials of pregnancy with my mom she always says "I still think you should just buy one off the shelf". Meaning of course, adoption...which gets more and more attractive all the time! (Actually, we started that process too..more on that another day) Whenever my girlfriend complains about stretch marks and drooping boobs, I make the motions of counting out money.... "How much did you say that was senor? And would that be in pesos?" We're a sick bunch I tell ya, but ya gotta have a sense of humor to stay sane!!

I also finished the Pullover for my friend at work. Of course three days before the shower I go to seam everything up and I find out the true meaning of "short sleeves":


Yikes man!! This my friends, is exactly why the tell you to make a guage swatch, but do I listen? Noooooo... So rip away, do some math and frantically get to resleeving. I was still a little off in the end, but nothing a little blocking couldn't cure. The yarn ended up much nicer after blocking too...very soft.

So here is the end result, along with matching baby socks from an EXCELLENT pattern that I found here and what was left from the 3 skeins I used. I think I'll make the miniature sweater from Weekend Knits with the excess as a goof for a co-worker who keeps asking me to knit him a sweater.

Pattern: Pullover from Design your own kids' knits 3-6 month size with rolled rib edging

Yarn: Zara merino extrafine color 1733 (3 skeins)






So next up is the Interlocking Balloons scarf for hubby for my daily commute project, and I am about to wind up the yarn for the Leaf Lace scarf for my sitting on the couch and concentrating project. Although the scarf chart gave me a run for my money today...I am new at charts and didn't really get that you just follow the directions of the row and not look at the row below...I was trying to match up all the stitches...what a dope. But I gots it now..silly chart...tricks are for kids! Here is what I have so far:


I'm using Debbie Bliss merino dk in a dark charcoal color. There it is with my half colored in chart..boy it is so much easier when all the purls are one color and the knits another!! I steal a few minutes every day at work and go to town with the highlighters. It is no easy trick to follow this chart while sitting on the train, but I've got my system down. Wish I could get the person next to me to hold up a magnet board for me ( a little higher honey, your straining my eyes..)

There is also my Willow, doing what she does best...eating the needles..all my bamboo needles have teeth marks on the ends..

Today I did a dumb thing. I left my wallet on a train when I switched to a connecting train. Just when the panic started becoming palpable, my cell phone rang. This lovely wonderful fabulous want to kiss her on the mouth (well no, ick, but you get me) girl called me and told me she found the wallet. Turns out she lived fairly near me. She was a very young girl living in a very bad neighborhood and she was the nicest person ever. Kind of restores your faith in this big bad world. I brought her the biggest box of chocolate I could find on such short notice (cause that's what I would want as a reward if it were ME). Shhh, don't tell my husband, he'll roll his eyes and not really be surprised I did such a thing... Okay, that's it for me, I'm already late for ER...I leave you with this moment of Zen ( or obligatory picture of knitters cats)...


3 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont you love it when people prove you wrong and do something good?

Love the sweater and saved the baby sock pattern, thanks can always use those!!

Good to see you posting , was owndering where you got off to =)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Steph said...

your kitties are adorable! gotta love those Tonks!

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yin Yang Kitties!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home