Monday, February 06, 2006

The Music Meme

No one tagged me, but I read this at a blog I read regulary, and I decided to tag myself. I have to tag 7 other people, which will be a challenge...I don't think I know 7 other bloggers yet... but whatever...

Instructions: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Okay, we're just talking right now...and not my favorite all time songs, right?

Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple - love that retro sultry voice. "Be nice to me, or treat me mean..I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine".

Looking at the world from the bottom of a well by Mike Doughty - LOVE this guy..I am listening to the Haughty Melodic album over and over like a mental patient. He's just starting to hit the mainstream, after riding Dave Matthew's coattails a while. I listened to him way before this song was played on Gray's Anatomy. "Oh all the days/That I have run/I sought to lose that cloud that's blacking out the sun/My train will come/Some one day soon/And when it comes I'll ride it bound from night to noon."

Tremendous Brunettes by Mike Doughty - "slow down, dont f**k with my high, I want be left alone here with my monsters.."

You're Beautiful by James Blunt - I love the romantic notion of falling in love with a stranger on the subway "My life is brilliant/My love is pure/I saw an angel/Of that I'm sure."

Sugar we're going down by Fall Out Boy - can't help singing to this one when it comes on in the car. "We're going down, down in an earlier round. And Sugar, we're going down swinging. "

Breathe by Anna Nalick - Great voice "We're like cars on a cable/And life's like an hourglass glued to the table"

Gold Digger by Kanye West & Jamie Foxx - I still love my hip hop from my college days..and this one cracks me up. Especially when Ellen sang it on her show! "Get down girl go head get down"

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my cables! Made my day.

Good luck with your fertility drugs. I'm 37 (soon to be 38) and we've decided to adopt from China. We're not quite ready, financially and psychically, but it feels nice to know that I can ignore the screaming of my biological clock.

Your knitting is beautiful. I love the cropped cardigan from last month.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jillio said...

i just found your blog via sonya's site...i LOVE your blog title. i'm guilty of judging books by their cover (in this case, blogs by their titles), so i know already that i like your blog. hehe...
you mention you're a beginning knitter!?!? whatEVER, your current projects are fabulous! i would never have thought if i hadn't read the thingie under your profile...
good luck with the baby stuff *fingers crossed* though i've heard a lot about how women take fertility medication and end up with multiples...i personally always wanted twins, but i'm thinking a bit too far ahead right now...(sorry, i have a tendency to tangent)
anyways, i've been wanting to try that lace leaf shawl...i'll have to see how this effort unfolds!
great blog! check ya later :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home