Monday, October 16, 2006

My so called stash

I am making progress on my sock:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I think I am okay on the sizing, and everyone loves the colors. The Lorna's Laces was a good choice for this project. As I am used to knitting children's socks, I keep looking at this thing every few rows and glancing at my feet. I am so worried someone is going to look at this on the train and be like, why are you knitting socks for a giant?? I think I just need to get used to the bigger size.

On the socktoberfest site, we were asked to flash our sock yarn stash. Okay, ready? Prepare to be dazzled and amazed:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yeah, that's it. How pathetic is that? And if not for the kindness of secret pals, it would be even worse. I should have my knitting license revoked. So all of you with your ridiculously large sock yarn stashes...I'm thinking you should just randomly pick out a few skeins and send them my way...I mean, you won't even really notice, right? And it will make such a difference to my stash, really. It's the only decent thing to do.

I've received some generous donations from several people for my Warm Feet Warm Hearts project...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am very grateful for the generosity of internet friends who have sent me some really great stuff. However, instead of asking for yarn scraps, I think I may start asking for full skeins of Lorna's, Koigu, STR...you know, for the kids....

In other knitting news, I have started the Lace Wrap I was dying to knit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love this wavy lace pattern, and I envision using it alot more in the future. I want to make a table runner out of kitchen cotton with it...the wavy pattern will be perfect for the beach look of our house. I think it would also make a neat baby blanket...not too lacy that it wouldn't be practical. I may be using too small needles, as after a few rows my hands are killing me, but it is knitting up very dense but soft and springy. It will be very warm, which is good.

I better hurry up though, despite my denial, fall is here and winter is fast approaching.

10 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Your sock yarn stash is bigger than mine!

I recognize a couple of those scrap balls though! Ha ha! Memories!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Allegra said...

Nice sock! Your sock stash is off to a nice start! (Coming from one who's stash is over the top!)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Your sock stash is much larger than mine too! I think I only have 3 skeins in my stash.

I love the latest sock you're working on --- great colors!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger beagle said...

My sock stash consists of two skeins! I just started my first pair. It quite a stpe up form scarves!

I love the sock pattern and the wavy lace. Can you share where to find these?

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Lovely sock! And don't worry about people on the train. They will be so dazzled by the act of the knitting they won't begin to judge the size of the sock.

That IS a pretty puny stash. You need to get shoppin' babe! Hit Good Will and find the un-finished sweaters to unravel. Lots of cheap yarn there!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

I love the wrap! It's coming along so nicely. The sock looks great too. :-) And that stash isn't looking all that bad. Just think of it this way, less stash means less guilt. LOL

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

YOu'd be surprised about babies...the holy part of lacy blankets is the part they love the best..it gives them fun things to do with their little fingers...

You knit so nicely--all of my projects have a Madame Defarge list of screw-ups embedded in their fibers...I'm very impressed.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

haha...send me your address. i have a "donation for the kids." :P seriously. do it. i never forgot how you locked yourself out of your house. ;)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Spinsanity said...

Hey, I didn't recognize you! Had to come meander through the blogs after I got all excited about having a new visitor to check out. Darn, it was just you. LOL

What's up with the lack of knittage here? How are those gorgeous socks coming along?

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

World of

Warcraft Gold
,

rel="nofollow">World of Warcraft Money
,

rel="nofollow">FFXI
,Final

Fantasy XI
,EVE Isk,Star Wars Galaxies Credits ,WOW Gold,Final Fantasy 11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home