Saturday, November 18, 2006

Forgive me blogger...

...for I have sinned. It's been over a month (!) since my last post. Well I did finish my Bubble Wrap sock in October, I swear. I didn't knit it's mate yet, and well, I'm going to argue the technicality that it was Socktober, and not Sockstober. The fit is pretty darn good, and I do plan to do the other one sometime soon eventually.

I have been knitting other stuff as well. The Lace Wrap continues to grow, but I still have a ways to go. I think it will be done in time for Colombia which now appears to be in the Jan-March timeframe (boo). I also did what typical knitters do, in that, I stopped all projects on my list and started completely different projects. These included a scarf for my mom's birthday:
Pattern: Dreamswatch scarf (adapted from this pattern).
Yarn: Lion Suede in Teal; 2 skeins
Needles: I don't remember now....6's? 8's?
Comments: This yarn, like any chenille is tough on the hands (no sproing factor) but it is really soft and cozy. It's hard to get any great pattern to show with chenille, so this did the trick nicely I think. The color is my mom's favorite so she loved it. And it's short, because she's short.

I also made a scarf for myself, because one day it was cold and I thought I needed to hurry up and make one before my neck froze. Little did I know it would be over 60 degrees every day since then. But I'm all set for when winter really does set in:

Pattern: Winged it garter stitch scarf. CO 135 stitches and knit for about 30 rows.

Yarn: Catalina Chunky (in claret) & Moda Dea Prima (in burgundy) - one strand of each held together throughout.

Needles: Circular 17's

Comments: First time knitting with Alpaca and it is DIVINE. The Prima yarn is just enough to make it interesting without being overbearing. I LOVE the color of this and now want to find similar colored yarn to make some fingerless mitts. Thanks again to Kerry who gifted me the fabulous Catalina. Here's a closer pic, but the picture is way too pinky, it's more of a rich, well, claret is really the best word! I think I need to block this sucker better.

Lastly, I did start the crocheted white baby blanket as planned, in fact I'm almost done. Here it sits in it's usual resting place, waiting for me to work on it while I watch tv. Next post should have a finished pic.

Well, if you read my other blog, you know that's all thats going on in my life right now...hence the lack of posting. Now I have to do some Christmas knitting. I want to do two lace rectangular wraps, oh and I got a bright idea to knit a table cloth out of cotton for my MIL. I'll let you know how that idea pans out. Yes, I know there isn't much time left before Christmas, don't remind me!!

6 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

But hey, for only blogging once a month you sure had a lot of FOs to show for it. I LOVE the dream swatch scarf. It looks great when you fatten it up.

I gotta start watching your other blog. Esp. in the new year!

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are welcome to come for the two handed/ fair isle tutorial. sorry i didn't email sooner. crazy life. great looking scarves--love your moms!!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Your Mom's scarf is beautiful. Looks like such a fun pattern. I like how the suede looks like fabric.
Your intro is hilarious!
Also - I think Socktober should have been extended - I didn't get to start any socks until the last few days of the month. I have discovered lately that month long events are just too short for me. I need vaguer deadlines that are much farther away.
Your sock looks excellent - I like it amongst the seashells.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Sorry - and starfish - is that an intro to your new name?

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby blanket looks great. Can't wait to see it finished and in use! :)

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

World of Warcraft Gold,
World of Warcraft Money,
FFXI,
Final Fantasy XI,
EVE Isk,
Star Wars Galaxies Credits ,
WOW Gold,
Final Fantasy 11
World of Warcraft Gold,
World of Warcraft Money,
FFXI,
Final Fantasy XI,
EVE Isk,
Star Wars Galaxies Credits ,
WOW Gold,
Final Fantasy 11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home