Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hey Kool Aid

I wish I had witty things to say about all the little happenings in my life this week. Truth is it's hard to be witty. I thought blog writing would come easy since I have such a big mouth. It seems that all of my sarcasm is much better appreciated in person. Oh well, you'll have to deal with it, and try to arrange a meeting in person some day. We'll knit, it'll be great.
This week I met with a psychologist at work. Our genius president, who is too much of a...oh let's see so many words to choose from...snob, yes snob is good...social misft, yes, there's another good one...oblivious idiot, inept leader..well you get the point... He decided to pay someone alot of money to find out what is own staff is like...money, I might add, that could better be used in MY BUDGET to get some WORK DONE, especially since he continually demands us to CUT COSTS. Whatever...so I had to take 2 personality tests and meet with this guy for 2 hours to find out exactly what I already know about myself. You'll be happy to know that I am smart, honest, logical, questioning, thoughtful person, who can tend to overreact, and ignore things that I don't want to deal with. I am also a control freak who needs alot of affection. (I'm an ISFP for all you Meyers Briggs fans) As I said to the guy..."is that so wrong??" What a colossal waste of time.

Anyway...other than that I have been battling the raging hormones (getting better, I only cried 3 times this week!) and the dibilitating cramps (had to stay home today since 3 advil every 6 hours wasn't making a dent) but hey who's complaining? I went for acupuncture last night, which was very cool. It is probably too late to help any infertility issues, but I am hoping it will help ease the stress, pain and lack of sleep. It is really amazing how those pressure points can affect your body. I am also on some chinese herbal supplement (which hubby and I affectionately call "ancient chinese secret") and fish oil pills to cure my "dampness & stagnation" (which is apparently what is REALLY wrong with my uterus...who knew). That deadly combination is apparently very difficult to be cured with acupuncture, but we're giving it the old college try.

So what's a girl to do with all this craziness in her life? Get jiggy with some yarn of course! I continue to slog away on the shawl...I think I am reaching the halfway point tonight. But I decided to try kool aid dyeing for the heck of it. I won't bother to rehash the whole (microwave) method, there's plenty of instructions out in blogland. But here are the pics:



I couldn't get a great picture of the finished product. The one on the left has great variegatedness (what?) of blues, greens and yellows. The pink one has more subtle tones...somehow the colors all schmooshed together (technical term)with that one..I think a little grape goes too long a way. The colors weren't as rich as I expected either. I used 4 packets, one of each color, and I guess I should have used more. I think I am going to make the Sophie bag with the pink skein. I was thinking of doing one more overdye to add some orange & yellow in to make it more interesting. I have no idea what to do with the green/blue skein, but it was fun to do! And sorry for the crappy balls (love to see who I get on a google search for that one) but as you can see I desperately need a ball winder.

Medication time...Medication time...got to go take another handful of Advil before my uterus falls out. Carry on people. Ice skating finals on tonight...go USA!

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty colors!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed your IVF treatments take. Just think that you'll be able to tell that kid someday---"Do you have any idea the crap I went through to bring you into this world!?" ;-)

L. Cheapo

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger mama k said...

Hi! I am before you on the KnittyKitty webring. Nice blog. Koolaid dying is fun. I tried some last summer and really liked it, except for the grape flavor. It kinda separated and got ugly. Best wishes on the adoption process!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home