Thursday, February 16, 2006

Love and presents (yay!)

Happy Belated Valentine's Day to all you sweethearts out there...hope you had your version of a good day. Me and the honey had a fabulous dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant and it was dee lish us. Not enough chocolate was ingested, but my hips will thank me later.

Still slogging away on that leaf lace scarf - it is a relatively easy knit, but if you miss one dang yarnover you have to tink back to kingdom come...It is coming out great, but I already can't wait until I'm done. I decided I am going to knit myself a pair of socks when I'm done. Two socks. I make that distinction because I have never actually knit a PAIR of socks before. Come to think of it, I have never knit anything for MYSELF before. I have this crazy stripey yarn that is just my style...will have to pick a good pattern for that..hmmm....

Haven't watched much of the olympics...only what I catch from 8-10 while I am catching up on my life outside of work. Olympic knitting is just a ridiculous concept to me...but from what I hear 2000+ people jumped on the bandwagon...I hope you don't get any demerits for not following the blogland bandwagon...

After a long day of work, I came home to a GREAT gift from my Cash Free SP...here is what I found when I opened the envelope:
I was quite perplexed..at first I thought it was a baby album or something...and I'm thinking, well, at least my SP seems confident about this kid thing....and then I untied the bow, and opened it like a book....


What the heck?? I realized it wasn't a book at all....


It's like a pop-up (out? over?) thingie! It's a free baby pattern sweater, complete with instructions for both pullover and cardigan, with adorable teddy bear charts!! How COOL is that?? Props to you SP, I am totally impressed. It is a very unique and creative way to present a pattern!! It is just the cutest freaking thing EVER. I LOVE IT! Even the husband was impressed, and trust me, he just doesn't get the knitting thing... You've inspired me for my SP gifts...although I could never duplicate your amazing effort. Thank you Thank you, I will treasure this! (Am I gushing?)

Yay presents! Yay tomorrow is Friday! Yay I have off on Monday!

YAY!!

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I'm so glad you like it! :-)

Your cash free SP,
L. Cheapo

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable.

Now if only I had monday off... oh well I get french holidays and vacation so I shouldn't complain :)

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

I wanted to drop by and see how you are doing. Hope your embryo transfer went well.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home