Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day!

Well I certainly took advantage of this long weekend to relax and be lazy. We did a ton of gardening and went to the Jones Beach Air Show yesterday. We spent all day at the beach, and I was so exhausted from doing virtually nothing all day but sit my butt in a beach chair, that I slept from 6pm to 6am! A whopping 12 hours! I guess I really needed that! I didn't get much knitting done, but I started another pair of socks, and got about two inches done.

I also took a trip to a new yarn store (new to me anyway), Granny's Yarn Shop. I had been dying to go there for a while now, but it's like 40 minutes away from me and I hadn't been able to get a free Saturday to make the trip. Well I finally did and it was worth the wait! Great selection and very welcoming! I met Katy and Granny and both were so helpful and nice. This is now my ONLY LYS! Woo Hoo! I originally went to get another long circ for magic loop, but they were out, so I settled for two 24" circs and some cool Trekking. Thanks Katy, the two circs are working out pretty good so far!

And speaking of magic loop, and why I went to get another circ for that purpose, my SP was at it again. She is so incredibly generous! Check this out!
turned into this:

First, the elusive Rebecca Baby & Kids mag, which I've been dying for, and is all that I hoped it would be. The patterns are gorgeous! I've also been meaning to try magic loop for socks, so I got the booklet, a size one Addi and GORGEOUS sock yarn. I CANNOT wait to knit myself some socks!! I mean look at this:

All my favorite colors, I'm dying! The best part is that my SP is just the SWEETEST person; we have a great time emailing each other. I don't know if I can wait until the end to find out who she is. We seem to be very similar people, and I am going to figure out a way to meet her in person some day!! She deserves a hug for the chocolate alone! The Lime was delicious and I'm halfway through the Mint...gotta ration it ya know...

2 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous new sock yarns! But you are going to LOVE two circs! And, no doubt, will need a needle upgrade soon. It was terrific to meet you.

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful SP you have!!

I am a Magic Loop ADDICT - once I learned, it was like a whole new world opened up - I'm a visual learner though so I needed to see someone looping - the book was helpful AFTER I saw someone, but before I was having trouble wrapping my brain around it.... Yell if you get stuck. ANd Kathleen is right, if you don;t have a collection of 32" Addis (or 40", or even 60" - it's a matter of personal preference) you will soon! I have a wonderful Ebay resource for mine, so let me know when you are ready =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home