Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday, boring Sunday

I am happy to report that the shawl was given to it's recipient and she seemed thrilled. I am very glad that it will now live it's life with someone who can love and appreciate it, as I am happy to see it go. Here is the parting pic:


Pattern: Leaf Lace Shawl by Fibertrends (large lace weight version)
Yarn: Knitpicks Gossamer in Sweat Peas
Needles: Clover bamboo size 5 circular

This pattern was good to learn lace on, but after the first gazillion repeats, I got it, and the two additional gazillion repeats were a chore. My next lace project will have to be more interesting to keep me interested. I probably won't do anymore shawls, unless they are gifts,because shawls make me look like a hoooouse. Maybe a rectangle would be better??

Next up I have three, count'em three projects going on at once. First I am making the seamless yoked baby sweater for my cousin who is due to have a girl on May 31st. I just have one arm left to go...In this pattern, you do the yoke, fronts and back all in one piece, then pick up the stitches around the arms and finish them with dpns. My tension is obviously different with the dpns...I hope that a good soaking and steaming will help make it less noticeable. But it is an adorable pattern, and I think the next time I make it I will somehow encorporate little pearly beads in the detailing.

I am also crocheting a blanket, but it's too early to show any meaningful progress. that will be my commuting project. Lastly, I have my first sets of socks for my Warm Feet Warm Hearts project. I ordered some perfect yarn from Knitpicks and I am excited to get started. I also ordered a Denise Needle set. I assumed it came with small needle sizes but the smallest size that is included is a 5. Oh well, maybe I should have bought the Needlemaster set instead?

Wow, this is a terribly boring post. Well there's not much exciting going on over here...The adoption process is at a slow but steady pace, but nothing major happening just yet. The weekend here was awesome, I got to plant some pansies in the yard today, but it's still too cold for anything else. Alright that's enough of putting you to sleep, gotta go watch Grey's Anatomy. Didja know Meredith is knitting a sweater? And how funny is it that the hunky vet is the kid from Scent of a Woman?? He's growd up purty nicely I'd say....



1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shawl. It's beautiful and what a wonderful color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home