Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shawl is Done!!

Okay so first of all, StatCounter tells me someone actually got to my blog by searching "K2, gold teeth". Ya think they were disappointed when they got here??

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for some relatively inexpensive sock yarn, but still of decent quality, please let me know. I'm gearing up for my sock project (see Warm Feet, Warm Hearts on the sidebar) and I'm thinking about materials to use.

My goodness the stupid shawl is done. I had to block it over 3 times, what a nightmare. I thought I could use this sturdy floral wire for blocking but it started bending all over the place. I also started doing it on my king size bed, but it's too high and I couldn't get to all the sections easily and then I started to sweat. So I decided to put it on the foam floor blocks I have - greatest thing ever by the way....So here's the picture...I don't know what happened, it's not long enough...it's supposed to be 45" deep and it's only like 32" or so. I don't know what the problem is, other than I didn't do a guage swatch, maybe that's it (YA THINK?). It should still be okay though, right? The recipient isn't a knitter, so she won't really know what it's supposed to look like. I am so glad it is finally done! I have one and half hanks of this yarn left, not sure what to do with it...I don't think I would make another shawl...but a lace scarf for myself might be nice.




And I have a question - I really want to make a booga bag...not only because they are cool, but because I never held an actual skein of Noro (how do they not revoke my knitting license you ask? I don't know!). Is it legal to use a knit bag during the spring and summer? Or should I just knit it and save it for the fall/winter. Thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a - knit picks has lots of inexpensive sock yarn!
b - the shawl is WONDERFUL!!!!
c - I need to check out the Warm Feet, Warm Hearts post of yours - tonight after dinner!!
d - I did my 1st booga last summer, and then had to make 2 more for my aunts in August. My thought is if it doesnt bother you to knit with wool in warmer temps DO IT! And who cares what any one else thinks!! It;s all about YOU after all =)
e - did I mention I LOVE the shawl? *S*

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is gorgeous!!! What pattern?

Knit a Booga (or 2). If you can handle wool in the warm weather, go for it. And, you can wear white after Labor Day so why can't you knit/use a knit bag before?

Mindy
sharppointysticks.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home