Tuesday, March 28, 2006

New beginnings new socks!


Okay so the yarn is a little cheesy, but I am digging these crazy colors. They are very "me" and is just the right knitting project for me right now. Easy, fun and portable and very springy (the season not the tension). I am actually doing the slipped stitch rib pattern (I think I've called these everything but the right name) and it is excellent for breaking up the striping and pooling that would normally occur. You can see it in the top ribbing part, which I don't really like, but I'm thinkin' you won't really see the top of my socks much. These would go great with a pair of jeans and nice white sneaks!

I am home today, taking a much deserved mental health day. A little nap, a nice sandwich, some cheesy tv and I am in a pretty good mood! DH will be home soon, he is leaving work early to help me get the house in order for the social worker tomorrow (home study for the adoption). I have to serve this woman lunch and I need to figure out what to serve that is both 1) tasty, practical & presentable and 2) doesn't look like I am trying to bribe her into giving me a kid. I am thinking I am going to pre-make some sandwiches and serve a green salad. Sound okay? Any other ideas?

Gotta go wrestle the vaccuum out of the closet now. And brush the cats. And figure out how to conceal this cold sore so it doesn't appear I have leprosy. And hide the laundry, and.... sigh...

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your home study went well today!!!!!

Good kid vibes coming your way from South of the Border!!!

El Cheapo

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hope it went well for ya my dear...

Love the socks. Nice colorway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home