Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tell me, who'll stop the rain......

Yeesh, it's been so gray and rainy here the past couple of days, and it's supposed to be like this all week. I feel like I live in Seattle. Actually, I wish I was in Seattle, better than being around here these days. This weather is just so freaking depressing....not to mention work sucks these days. My boss is all disgruntled, and there is nothing worse than working for someone who bitches & complains - ok correction, someone other than ME who bitches & complains ALL DAY LONG and tells you how they are going to QUIT everyday (so go already!). Him and the rain are just sucking the life right out of me. *sigh* I need to be on a sandy beach right now. Can't take vacation time though, got to save up for the adoption travel. *sigh*....

Went to the bookstore and couldn't even get inspired by any knitting books. Actually the Knitting Rules book looks cute, but I didn't buy it. I also found "
Big Girl Knits" which got rave reviews at Amazon, but I don't know...I don't know if I am THAT big. My bust is about 45-46" which is bigger than the biggest size of most "regular" patterns, and is the hardest part of me to fit. I guess I could make the smallest size out of this book and be okay. I kind of like the simpler pullover and cardigan patterns here...but I'll have to take a closer look and see if I can make any of these without spending a bazillion dollars on yarn. Bleah, I'm just not motivated people....

I do have some FO's to share. The baby gifts are finally done, AND before her original due date of May 31st I might add. She had to go and have the baby 3 weeks early, how rude!! But she is a cutie pie..maybe I'll go see her this weekend, new babies do wonders for a bad mood. Here are the pics:
Pattern: Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater
Source:
Knitting on the Net
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby in Pink; way less than 1 skein (maybe half?)
Needles: Size 4 straights & dpns
Comments: Awesome pattern, quick and cheap to knit.

Pattern: Sweet Dreams Afghan
Source: Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Afghans by Terry Kimbrough - Book 4
Leisure Arts
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Pink
Hook: Size H metal crochet hook.
Comments: My favorite blanket pattern, I make it all the time.

I know, I know, they're acrylic. But trust me, mom doesn't know the first thing about fiber, and is more interested in washability than quality. She'll love them, trust me.

That's it for now. Going to bed. Then get up for work. Then listen to my boss bitch. Then go home. Then go to bed... ah you know the drill
...

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooooo!!! I love the blanket!!! That's gorgeous!

Finally the rain stopped for today here, but it's supposed to start up again and not end til Sunday. Sigh.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger mama k said...

They turned out great. I am going to have to look up that book so I can get my hands on that blanket pattern. You know me, I am not a yarn snob. Acrylic is cheap, washable and durable. Perfect for a blankie that is going to see a lot of loving.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm with you, acrylic is cool for kids. Washable and wearable is good thing.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that book and have made several afghans out of it but haven't done that one yet. It turned out great!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Your work is very nice. I'd love to make the baby sweater too, but the pattern is no longer on the Knitting on the Net site. Do you have a copy you could share with me?
thanks for your help
teri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home