Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Excess Fur All Around

I couldn't do it. Even for her, I just couldn't do it. I am hoping it's the pattern, but the wrap I was making was just too heavy and furry and fake. When I told my mom I was frogging the "dead dog shawl" she laughed and said, "I dont' know why, she would have given you the dead dog". HA! Go Mom with the funny joke. I am going to try to do a more open pattern and hope that does it. Any suggestions are welcomed, right now I am thinking of a feather and fan sort of thing. If that doesn't work, I'll scrap the idea and think of something else. Hey maybe a cute little felted bag...okay gotta go shopping now. See how these things spiral out of control?

I did try to sneak in a little project in between...

My girlfriend just had a little girl, and last Thursday we made plans to see her on Sunday. I decided to see if I could knit the infamous Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting in 3 days. I bought two balls of SugarnCream in Strawberry and set to work. I didn't make it. I did end up getting her something else, so once this is finished, I will decide if I will give it to her or keep it for myself. But I am convinced that if I buy girl things, I'll end up with a boy or vice versa. Anyway, I didn't have enough yarn, I guess with the SugarnCream (as opposed to the Peaches nCream) you need 3 balls, so again, need to go shopping!

Oh and look at this :
Is it some great new roving just waiting to be dyed?? Have I lost my mind and decided to learn to spin? Well.....no.. In reality, I just didn't brush my cat in forever. I know it's kind of icky, but it looked so much like roving I had to take a picture. I could make a whole 'nother kitten out of that! So she's all sleek and pretty again, probably wondering what took me so long to take off her winter coat, now that it's almost July! See how nice?

Okay, now I really AM going shopping because my friend just called and offered to pick me up! Happy Knitting!


4 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who gets that much fur off their cats when I brush them!

Love the kimono sweater! And yup, you're right, if you keep it for yourself you'll probably end up with a boy. Hm, maybe an excuse to go shopping for some blue yarn?? ;-)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger mama k said...

I guess you're a yarn snob after all.
J/K! The kimono is looking good. I bought a too-cute little girl dress before I got preg, but of course am having a boy.
Oh, and you don't want to see the fur storm when I brush my fluffy kitty. I do it outside because it is too much of a mess.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Lori Rode said...

I just got the Mason-Dixon book to get the pattern for the baby kimono. It looks great and I can't wait to try it!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Cerella said...

Is your kitty a Flame Point Siamese?
Just wondering because it looks soo much like my kitty! What a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home