Saturday, March 04, 2006

Introducing....

Miss Woolamina Sheepskate!
What an awesome surprise from my secret pal, who did an amazing job of making this Sheepskate Secret Pal Mascot (get it, cheapskate, sheep...skate...sheep on skates...come on, work with me here). So now I have my very own little knitting pal to whom can now be the one I vent to when I need to curse and complain about my knitting. Her silent support will be a welcome change to my husband's "why do you even do this stupid hobby if it makes you so mad?" BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE BEATEN! *ahem* *cough* I digress......Here are some pictures of her first day at home, I think you can see she is settling in nicely:
Getting a little exercise in with those skates.
Sitting down for a bit of knitting.
Maybe Miss Woolamina will help motivate me to get my ass moving on the leaf lace shawl. These repeats are killing me. I f**d up AGAIN, the stupid needle pulled out by accident and now I have to figure out how to fix it, as I'm pretty sure there's a few yarnovers that left the building. But just to prove I am making progress, albeit, very freaking slowly:

And it seems to have turned purple too...I MUST get this over with!! Maybe today I'll go to Home Depot, and try to find something to use for blocking wires. Oh and I need beads for this thing...must find a bead store somewhere, because the craft stores have a limited crappy selection.


Nothing more really to report on the infertility front. My transfer should be in about a week and a half or so. I have been going to acupuncture a few times a week, and it is quite the interesting experience...I don't really feel any different, although my menses this month was just as painful, it was MUCH shorter which is good. Last night she taped these tiny gold beads in the inside of my ear and every so often I have to press on them for 5 seconds...for relaxation and blood flow to the uterus. Feels kind of like voo doo, huh? I am glad this is the last time I am going through treatment...It's too much for me and I now feel like I am turning into one of those desperate women who go into deep debt and deeper depression trying to have a biological child. I decided that buying one off the shelf is better for me emotionally and physically (no labor & no stretchmarks sounds like a deal to me!). I am just grateful we can afford it, cause kids ain't cheap these days...Although, with my luck I'll be pregnant with twins making my way to Colombia...My family thinks that great, ("Yeah! Instant Family!") Needless to say this is just one example of why they are all lunatics.

I leave you with another insane member of the family, Lucy. What's wrong with this picture?:

4 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Oh my GAWWWWWWWWD -

That is THE FUNNIEST thing.

Brilliant!

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad she made it one piece!

Columbia sí? If you need any help con la idioma let me know!

El Cheapo

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger mama k said...

Your cat is too funny. It looks like something my Oliver would do.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Aenigma said...

One of my cats loves lamps. She will sleep on my desk on top of the most awkward pile of miscellany just to be under the warm light. The photo is funny and sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home