Sunday, March 12, 2006

K2, SSK, P1, K2TOG,K2...K2, SSK, P1,K2TOG,K2..... K2, SSK,P1,K2TOG,K2 ...K2, SSK, P1,K2TOG,K2...K2, SSK, P1,K2TOG,K2

Say it with me now......K2, SSK, P1,K2TOG,K2

I love knitting lace... it's amazing to be able to create such intricate patterns, but holy yarn over batman, it takes forever! I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had hoped, but maybe be the end of tonight I will be almost 75% done.

I decided my next project for ME is going to be socks. I bought this sock yarn in "Hot Tamale" because I loved the colors...but I'm not sure I like how they look knitted up based on what I've seen in the blogs. I wish you could maintain the random variegatedness that you see on the whole skein somehow...instead of the colors separating into big blocks which throws me all off...anyway the yarn was cheap and I am kind of new to sock knitting so whatever...

I went to the "LAST TWO DAYS" of the Treasure Island closing yesterday and I got a whole stashload of goodies. Everything was 90% OFF!! I got all of this for under $25!! The best part was that I went by myself and perused for a good hour to make sure I looked at every little thing!

I got 5 books, 8 pattern pamphlets, Knit Wash, 2 sets of plastic DPNs, some phots sleeves and even that branchy thing for decorative purposes in my den. Yay!! I can't wait to make the retro rib socks in the Sensational Knitted Socks book! And my cousin is having a girl in May, so the Patons pattern is perfect!

Today I spent the day getting pregnant. Or so I hope anyway. Happily all 3 embryos thawed nicely (I have a visual of them sitting out on the counter overnight like a package of chicken cutlets) and they put them back in today. At this doctor's office, they don't let the husband in the room for the transfer, which is kind of weird. I'll be sure to tell the kid that his father wasn't even in the room when he was conceived. My acupuncturist met me at the hospital and gave me a treatment right before the transfer. This is supposed to increase your chances quite a bit, so we'll see. If nothing else, it definitely helped me to relax after the one hour stressful drive (we were a little late) to the hospital. So now the two week wait. Ugh. If it doesn't work, at least I know I tried everything (everything I was capable of dealing with anyway) and we are still on track for adoption.


Sigh...and tomorrow starts another fun week at work! Woo Hoo, I love Mondays!

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY AWESOME HAUL!!!! I wish I had known this weekend was it....

Fingers crossed for you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home